The Alpaca Association of Western Oregon (AAWO) is dedicated to advocating a dynamic alpaca industry in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Our vision is to promote opportunities for members and their families to be successful marketing alpacas and alpaca products by Building the Alpaca Industry on All Levels.
To accomplish our mission, AAWO will:
- Promote a spirit of partnership and trust among the members of the Alpaca Association of Western Oregon, their families and communities.
- Stimulate marketing and future growth opportunities through shows, public relations events, educational forums, youth programs and other methods as our membership expands.
- Create networking opportunities with our members for marketing.
- Share services, equipment, supplies, facilities, talent, knowledge, fellowship and our passion for alpacas to facilitate success beyond that achievable as individuals.
- Encourage the breeding of the highest quality of alpacas.
- Provide training and education about alpaca management, health and husbandry practices.
- Hold regular Membership and Board of Director meetings to conduct the business of the Association.
- Encourage and welcome new members to AAWO, whether or not they own alpacas.